Recipe: Oriental seabass
By Edward Hayden
Time 30 mins
You will need:
½ red chilli
1 inch root ginger
2 cloves garlic
6 portions sea bass
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 ½ mixed peppers, thinly sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp soy sauce
250ml/9floz fish stock
4-5 stems spring onions
1 tbsp fresh coriander
1 tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Begin by finely dicing your chilli, garlic and ginger together. Chop the coriander and have this ready in a mixing bowl. Season the fish with a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large frying pan with a little oil. Seal the sea bass flesh side down for 2-3 minutes or until it has turned golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan and leave to rest for a few minutes whilst making up the broth.
3. Reheat the pan and add in the diced garlic, ginger and chilli and cook these gently and allow them to sweat off. Next add in the sliced mushrooms, peppers and cherry tomatoes and stir fry these with the garlic, chilli and ginger to infuse them with flavour. Continue to cook these for 2-3 minutes.
3. Next pour in the soy sauce and stock together. Return the sea bass to the pan at this stage.
4. Allow this entire mixture to come to the boil and then add in the chopped spring onions and coriander just before serving.
5. Serve the sea bass and some of the broth in a large serving bowl and scatter some sesame seeds on the top.