Recipe: Joe's plaice
Joe Shannon, Executive Head Chef at the Radisson Blue Hotel and Spa, Sligo shares exclusive recipes you can make at home
You will need
600g baby potatoes, cut in half
100g fresh mint, chopped
600g of Place fillets, cut lengthways, skin removed (you will have 4 pieces of plaice)
300g Irish butter
100g flour seasoned with a pinch of salt and 10g paprika
20g mini capers
10g chopped fresh dill
1. Place potatoes into boiling seasoned water and cook until fork tender, drain and dry out for 30 seconds over heat, add 100 butter and chopped mints and crush with a fork, keep warm.
2. Heat a pan to moderate heat, add half the butter and let melt, dredge fish through seasoned flour and paprika mix and add to pan (ensure excess flour is removed from fish).
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes either side ensuring to season with salt and pepper and some lemon juice and remove and keep warm.
4. Add remaining butter to pan, now add the capers, season with lemon juice and fresh dill.
5. Divide potatoes between two plates, place two pieces of fish on top and finish with the flavoured butter form the pan. Enjoy.