Recipes: Joe's inside out cheesecake
Joe Shannon, Executive Head Chef at the Radisson Blue Hotel and Spa, Sligo shares exclusive recipes you can make at home
You will need
20 fresh strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
200g cream cheese, softened
2-4oz of Icing Sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla pod
75g Digestive biscuit Ccrumb
Rind and Juice of ½ Orange
Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
1. Stem your Strawberries. Cut around the inside of the strawberry, hollowing out slightly and creating a well for the cheesecake. Cut off a small portion of the pointy strawberry tip, so that each strawberry can stand. Place each on a baking sheet.
2. Melt your butter with the orange juice, and brush onto the outside of the strawberries.
3. Mix together the orange rind, cinnamon and biscuit crumb, Pass each strawberry through the crumb coating the outside of the strawberry with the crumb, place onto the baking sheet
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla until nice and fluffy, Place mixture in a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar If you like drizzle with some chocolate sauce.